Five Feel Fabulous Bikini Tips
Spring break! Who’s excited?
Frolicking on the beach in a teeny-weeny bikini might be fun for a Victoria’s Secret model, but for us mere mortals it can be a horrifying thought. It can actually bring on stress, anxiety, and put in you in a ‘funk’ which we don’t want!!!
Here are 5 simple tips to help you feel fabulous and sexy in your bikini.
First and foremost start with a positive attitude. Showcasing that you are comfortable in the skin you’re in will mask any imperfections. People will first notice the smile on your face and the self-confidence you exude before anything else. As long as you feel fabulous and are having fun, that’s all that matters.
Now for 5 Feel-Fabulous Bikini Tips:
- Diet! A day or two before you hit the beach or pool party, avoid foods that cause bloating: salty foods, alcohol (you will be doing enough drinking during spring break so just hold off for now), carbonated drinks, dairy, and believe it or not broccoli, cabbage, and kale will also make you retain water. Replace these “bloating” foods with water, cucumber, bananas, papaya, asparagus, ginger, and peppermint tea. Oh and remember WATER! WATER! WATER!
- Flatter your Figure! When you look good, you feel good! Wear a bikini that compliments your body and that you feel sexy in. Nothing too small, and nothing too big…try it on, move around in it, and make sure you like how it feels and how it moves on your body.
- Tan! Get a spray tan or use the amazing Sally Hansen self-tanner. It’s slimming and helps hide imperfections.
- Accessorize! Bring a cute floppy hat, a bright obnoxious beach towel, jean shorts & graphic tee, your beats to jam to music, and a cute tote bag.
- Posture! Good posture helps you look 10 pounds thinner, no joke. Stand Tall, shoulders back, chin up…you go girl!
Lastly, understand that the majority of the people at the beach aren’t even looking. So frolic away girls and love the SKIN YOU’RE IN! It’s beautiful!